CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR FOLQUéBEC’S OFFSHOWCASE
for the WOMEX Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark 26 to 30 October 2011
Deadline to apply – documents must be AT THE OFFICE no later than : Friday August 26th, 2011 5PM – SHARP
Date of showcase : Friday October 28th 2011.
On the occasion of the International Conference of world music, WOMEX 26-30 October 2011, FOLQUéBEC continues its commitment to organize the visibility and influence of artists from here and from the international scene.
FOLQUéBEC is a non-profit organization registered in Quebec and dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of traditional folk music and dance created in Quebec.
FOLQUéBEC invites artists this year to submit their candidature to attend WOMEX.
The jury will select two artists who will have the opportunity to play: When: OFFWOMEX, Copenhagen, Friday October 28 in a beautiful room presenting the official Showcases.
Each artist performs a show of 45 minutes on stage offWomex which holds 200 seats with the presence of major international presenters.
– Advices and logistic support to facilitate the arrival of artists
– Space to meet and promote on-site (stand)
– The promotion of the showcases (web promotion, flyer / poster / signage / invitations on the venue)
– The presence of international promoters, expertise and contacts of delegates for networking with Folquébec
– A CD / promotional compilation including a song by artist
*Artists are responsible for the following:
– The promotion of their individual showcase through their networks (MySpace, Facebook, website, mailing lists, etc..)
– Promotional materials for distribution at Womex
– Local transport, accommodation and per diem in Denmark
* Transportation from Montréal to Copenhagen will be covered by Folquebec via the Canada Council for the arts. Subject to confirmation soon.
On Friday, August 26th, 2011 5pm. The documents must be at the office at before that time on Friday since the selection will be done on Sunday and results sent to Womex on Monday August 29th. Send all the requested documents to the following address:
Folquébec Showcase application / Womex 2011
a/s de Gilles Garand
911 Jean Talon est, bureau 010
Your application must include:
– Name of the artist or group. Complete contact information to reach you out quickly / Web site adress / Complete contact information of your management and/or agencies if applicable.
– Promotional Tool Kit Complete (biography, disc, press reviews, technical specifications, pictures, reference website links to online videos)
– $ 20 for participation, including the production of the compilation FOLQUéBEC (please, make the check payable to FOLQUéBEC)
– A suggestion of two songs for the jury to listen to and for the compilation FOLQUéBEC. Also a suggestion to 1 video of the artist playing live.
Criteria: – Artistic quality / originality
– Quality promotional tools.
– Availability for the dates for the artist’s showcase.
– Availability for artists to tour abroad, Europe, Asia, Oceania, the Americas, Africa, in the months following the event.
– Being a professional artist with touring experience, availability and ambition.
– Represented by a manager and/or artistic agent and/or international agents to ensure promotion of artist’s work at the international level.
– The relevance of musical style in relation to the needs of promoters at the event.
– The final selection of artists must be representative of folk music made in Quebec (trad, folk, roots and world music) and / or depending on what is most relevant to the selection committee who is familiar with Womex.
Given the constraints on the production of promotional material (compilation and advertising).
We will not consider incomplete applications and we will not grant additional time for receipt of documents. Thank you in advance for your attention and good luck to all!
The FOLQUéBEC team
* This call for applications is subject to obtaining financing by FOLQUéBEC. FOLQUéBEC is in the process of confirming funding engagements.
The selection will be held on August 28th 2011 and the results will be disclosed to representatives of WOMEX on Monday August 29th 2011
For further information, please call us at 514-273-0880 or 514-234-1428 / firstname.lastname@example.org